H.E. Mr Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser was elected President of the United Nations General Assembly’s 66th session on 22 June 2011. At the time of his election, he had the rank of Minister, granted by His Highness the Emir of the State of Qatar.
Mr. Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser presided the General Assembly’s 66th session from 13 September 2011 to 14 September 2012.
Also on 22 June 2011, the General Assembly elected 21 Vice-Presidents for the 66th session:
- From the African States: Benin, Chad, Liberia, Malawi and Morocco;
- From the Asian-Pacific States: Fiji, Iran, Kuwait and Republic of Korea;
- From the Eastern European States: Hungary;
- From the Latin American and Caribbean States: Bolivia, Haiti and Uruguay;
- From the Western European and Other States: Australia and Austria;
The five permanent members of the Security Council: China, France, Russian Federation, United Kingdom and the United States.